From another perspective

Labels:

I must say my stay in this country is getting more and more frustrating. That's how I think until I remind myself to keep a positive mindset.
I went to the salon to fix my hair, to a very simple and regular style. Just wanted to hide my natural hair since I am transitioning. Well, the hair dresser managed to make me look years beyond my age. We could not communicate due to language barriers. These people don't speak English. I had no choice than to take what I got, because finding a hair dresser is not an easy ordeal. So I wore the style for a week, trying desperately to look presentable with glorious smiles, still i get funny glances at my hair when I'm talking to people.

Ok, I've had enough. I decided to change it over the weekend to braids, but no, I could not find hair extentions that would hide my natural hair, all the efforts proved abortive. As a last resort, I went to a hair dresser who happens to speak English..., atleast we could communicate. I wanted her to amend the style I had on, to reduce the embarassment. She nagged a bit about how the weavon I had on was synthetic and not natural so it wouldn't come out nice.I was really irritated at this point and was just going to give her a piece of my mind, when a thought tugged at my heart. 'Be grateful that you can find someone who speaks English, for a start'. Be grateful that she is willing to help out, even though she is a bit sloppy about it'. Just be grateful that you can communicate what you want to do, and hope that it is done'.

At this thought, my whole countenance changed. All of a sudden I saw the lady as an angel sent to help out with my frustration. I became more patient in explaining to her what I wanted, and we sort of worked through it together. I began to appreciate the style that sprang out of the improvisation. I became truely grateful. I learnt in that instant that the outcome of life actually depends on how you look at it. I left the salon grateful and have since carried the hairstyle with gratitude, not minding that it still looked slightly awkward. I am just grateful to have found help.

"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus,1 Thess. 5:18"

Comments (16)

WOW... I had a hair disappointment a few weeks ago and I really thought that I was going to loose it after going to two different braiding salons...anyhow I will try to remember this when faced with this situation in the future or other things... glad it all worked out for you.

It's all in the perspectives..

Hmmm, well thot through. It sure takes grace to be able to (realise the silver lining and) be grateful in 'every' situation and circumstances.

Lol...you learned about patience & blessings just from hair wahala. Blessing in disguise, lol.

Yep, we should always show gratitude, especially for the seemingly small things.

welcome to blogsville, this is a really nice Post, learnt a much needed lesson from this. thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!

wow...your attitude actually made the difference... i don't to imagine what she might have done to your hair..if you had given her a piece of your mind..
thanks for sharing this lesson..
welcome to blogsville and i pray you have a fruitful time here.

Hi! Thanks for your comment on my blog! I love God because He teaches us through 'interesting' lessons. I'm grateful God for everything especially for a multitude of options when it comes to hair care

'Be grateful that you can find someone who speaks English, for a start'. Be grateful that she is willing to help out, even though she is a bit sloppy about it'. Just be grateful..."

That, for me was the nail of the post! Yes, there are many things in life we complain about. If only, we'd just have a seat and yet another glance and be grateful, we'd find many blessings thereby. My pastor here do say... "If you complain, you'll remain but if you can praise, you'd get a raise" One secret I am learning to live by right now.

Thanks for sharing. Thanks also for the comment on my blog. God bless your heart.

PS: what country is tht by the way?

- LDP

Your final line already answers your post

"Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus,1 Thess. 5:18"

:)

Great post! I find it difficult not to snap when I'm irritated because I always justify my reasons for being angry... but remembering the Holy Spirit can help us be grateful for the little things is always nice

Things will always change when you change perspectives.

so where are you that they dont speak english?nice post.

that was a gr8 lesson in gratefulness( for the little almost meaningless things)
like leggy,i wanna know too..

It's all about Attitude in this life, it determines how happy yu are at any given time.

I like this.

Welcome to blogging.

Hi dears, it's one of these portuguese speaking countries... Do i still have anonymity? lol

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails